Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vegas Baby!!

Me and Derek went to Vegas for our 2nd anniversary. It was so relaxing and fun. We decided to do things that we have not done. We relaxed at the pool in the mornings to try and get a little sun (because I am super white). Then we went and saw the Hoover Dam one day. The tours were closed becauase of renovation; it would have been cool to see but we decided we will go back again for sure. We went to the Sign Graveyard where all the retired hotel signs are stored. It was really neat to see. It is a must see for anyone who goes to Vegas. We went and saw Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian, it is the last season they are showing that play. It was amazing! The theatre was amazing and the actors were amazing. We also went and saw O the Cirque de la soul show at the Bellagio. It was great. We were on the third row from the stage. We love those shows because their is always something going on and they are so out of the oridinary; the mind behind the show is so fasinating to me. It is so creative and appealing to all. We ate at some fabulous new restraunts. We loved the Sugar Factory and Serendipity. The funniest and scariest part of the vacation was on the drive down. Derek got pulled over for going 77 in what we thought was a 75 zone. It ended up being a 65 zone. He was okay with that because he didnt know for sure the speed. It was taking the cop a while to write the ticket so Derek glanced back and saw the cop signaling him to get out of the car. He did and I was so confused. I heard him talking to the cop and the cop was saying that he was going to be arrested because of a warrant he had out on him. We were both shocked! He said it was from a ticket he had out that he never paid, but he finally paid it and had a letter to show that. He showed the cop the letter so the cop finally agreed not to take him to jail but told him he needed to get that cleared up. I felt like a rebel having a hubby almost get arrested. We are such good straight forward people it was like something straight out of a movie. Even though my hubby was on the run (haha) I am so glad to have him in my life. He is my rock and my go to person. He is always there for me no matter what. We have our troubles like all couples but the thing I love is that he is willing to talk and work things out instead of brush things off like some men. I am so thankful for him, I cant tell him enough how much I love him and how thankful I am to have him as my husband.

The Phantom theatre. More pics to come.
This was a candy bar at one of the shops in the Venetian. It was crazy big!!

No comments: