Friday, September 25, 2009

Latest News....

Wednesday September 23rd around 1 pm my water broke. They did some tests to make sure it was amniotic fluid and all the tests were 100 percent positive. They took me to Labor and Delivery to be monitotred over night. When I arrived to L and D they did an IV and blew my vein in my hand, ouch!! Then they finally got a vein in my arm and starting pumping me full of antibiotics because the rate of infection in the amiotic sac is extremly high now that my membranes are ruptured. They also gave me a Tributaline shot and some pills to stop the contractions. Well neither of those worked, I have was having some good contractions every 3 minutes apart. So they gave me another shot and a different pill that I have been taking all along to stop the contractions. Within an hour or two of the last medication the contractions slowed down a lot. By 9 that night they were gone. They also gave me another round of steroid shots for the babies lungs so that he doesnt have to be on a respirator as long once he is born. I had to stay over night in L and D but I did not have any more contractions all night long so my doctor said that I could come back to my room in Postpardum. I was so excited. I then went to the specialist doctor and we talked about my situation for a full hour. He is great at answering all my questions. He said that as soon as I start to contract or bleed they are going to cut the cerclage stich and let my little guy come into the world. They dont want the stitch to tear because then they have to repair the cervix after. He said removing the stich can be painful if the stitch is still in tack. That should be interesting surgery to have while having contractions :) They checked my amniotic fluid and said that I dont have any at all. He said that now my water is broke 75 percent of all women have the baby within a week. My doctor Julia said that she will most likely plan on cutting the stitch within a few days of my rupture. So this little guy should be born within a week. I was terrified on Wednesday because I still had not come to terms on having him early because I was not ready for the NICU experience and the roller coaster ride that it is. But as I was laying on the table in the specialist office I said a prayer that gave me full comfort and I am now ready to have him whenever the Lord should have him come. I know that he will not give me anything that I cannot handle. No matter what happens it is for a reason. I will keep everyone updated as to what is going on. I just wanted to thank you again for all your prayers and thoughts.

No comments: