Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Scary moments....
We had some really scary moments right before Halloween this year. Little Teagan had Croup and went to the doctor and they gave him a dose of steroids. They then sent 2 additional doses home; one for that night and one for the next morning. We gave him the dose at night because he was still breathing labored and then when I got to my moms the next monrning I gave him the second dose. About an hour later he would not stop crying, it was a horrible sad crying and he wouldnt open his eyes. I was so worried but did not know what to do. Finally around 4:00 I gave in and took him to the Instacare (I didnt go earlier because I thought, what will they say all I can say is my son wont stop crying). Once we got there they took us right back becuase he was crying so hard it was disrupting the poeple in the waiting room. The nurse was checking us in and the doctor was in the hall either passing by or on the computer. When he heard me tell the nurse how much steroid he had the doctor ran in and said "What!" I clarified what I had said and he came in and shut the door and immediatly started asking me more questions and searching things on line. He said that the doctor overdosed him and he had Steroid phycosis. It is where the patient literally goes crazy. He said when adults have it they literally get locked up until it wears off. Poor Teagan was having migraine headaches and halucinations. He couldnt tell that his arms and legs were actually arms and legs. When I heard this I was furious at the other doctor! Then I tried everything in my power not to break down. I was so sad that my baby was suffering like this. I thought to myself..."why didnt i know not to give him all those meds." Then the doctor wanted to take blood work to make sure it wasnt another serious disease he was missing. The nurses came in to draw blood and couldnt get it the first time or the second time. They put the needle in and fished around. Teagan looked in my eyes and cried so hard, it was like he was saying "Help mom!" I was so helpless! I hurt so much. I started to cry and the nurses asked me if I was going to be okay, then the doctor commented and said "Of course she is not okay!" I backed up so that I did not cry in front of Teagan. I did not want Teagan to see the pain in my eyes. They gave him some benedryl to calm him down but it didnt work. I was at the office for about 40 minutes after the blood was drawn. The doctor came in and said we were good to go but if he didnt calm down to go to the ER immediatly. I was so scared. I said a little prayer in my heart and as soon as we got to my moms house he had stopped crying. I know the lord was doing everything he could do to help but it was just going to take time. He wanted to be snuggled and cuddled all night which i was glad to do. I am so thankful that he is okay now and thriving. I am so thankful that I have a Father in Heaven that watches over me and my family at all times. I love you baby Teagan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment